September 6th, 2011, Lisbon, Portugalorganised by IFIP WG 13.2 "Human-Computer Interaction"
The goals of this workshop are to provide HCI specialists, software engineers and usability specialists from industry and research institutions an opportunity to discuss both the state-of-the art and the cutting edge practices.
The workshop is the official workshop of IFIP working group 13.2 Methodologies for User-Centered Systems Design. It expects HCI specialists, software and usability engineers from academia and industry as participants.
Workshop activities and dissemination
Participants have to prepare a position paper of 4 to 10 pages which will be reviewed. Selected papers will be published on the workshop web site and will be presented during the workshop. The outcome of the workshop will be a white paper presented on the web site of the workshop.
- Chin, D.N., Empirical Evaluation of User Models and User-Adapted Systems. User Modelling and User Adapted Interaction, 2001(11): p. 181-194.
- Jacobson, I., Object- Oriented Software Engineering. A Use Case Driven Approach, Addison Wesley, 1992
- Jones, S., M. Jones, G. Marsden, D. Patel, and A. Cockburn, An Evaluation of Integrated Zooming and Scrolling on Small Screens. International Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 2005(65): p. 271-303.
- Kjeldskov, J. and C. Graham. A Review of Mobile HCI Research Methods. in Mobile HCI 2003 (Lecture Notes in Computer Science 2795). 2003. Udine, Italy: Springer-Verlag.
- Masthoff, J., The Evaluation of Adaptive Systems, in Adaptive Evolutionary Information Systems, N.V. Patel, Editor. 2002, Idea Group Publishing. p. 329-347.
- Obrist, M., Wurhofer, D., Beck, E., Karahasanovic, A., Tscheligi, M.: User experience (UX) patterns for audio-visual networked applications: inspirations for design. In Proc. NordiCHI(2010) p. 343-352
- Brusilovsky, P., C. Karagiannidis, and D. Sampson. The Benefits of Layered Evaluation of Adaptive Applications and Services. in Eighth International Conference on User Modelling (UM 2001). 2001. Freiburg, Germany.
- Gena, C., Methods and Techniques for the Evaluation of User-Adaptive Systems. The Knowledge Engineering Review, 2005. 20(1): p. 1-37.
- Kaikkonen, A., T. Kallio, A. Kekäläinen, A. Kankainen, and M. Cankar, Usability Testing of Mobile Applications: A Comparison between Laboratory and Field Testing. Journal of Usability Studies, 2005. 1(1): p. 4-16.
- Tamminen, S., A. Oulasvirta, K. Toiskallio, and A. Kankainen, Understanding Mobile Contexts. Journal of Personal and Ubiquitous Computing, 2004 (8): p. 135-143